Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Wall

My brother married Lauren Richards today and I loved spending time with the both of them today. We started the day off with a brunch at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was an yummy brunch and it was a great chance to meet with some of Lauren's family and talk with my Uncle Lee and Aunt Gayle. During a short program, Jeff's nieces sang "I Love to see the Temple" with the Salt Lake Temple in the background. It was a great start to a wonderful day.
We headed off to the Salt Lake Temple to watch the sealing. Jim and I saw the replica of the temple the day before and it helped me familiarize myself with the temple when I was walking up the stairs and entered the sealing room. Elder Ballard was their sealer and he had great advice for Jeff and Lauren as well as the rest of us. It was a wonderful sealing. I watched the Jeff and Lauren as well as their parents throughout the sealing and it was very touching. After the ceremony, we headed back to the Joseph Smith Memorial building to welcome the new couple and take a group picture.

The reception was held at the Pinte Resturant at the U. It was a wonderful setting and if you looked at the lights through the window, it looked like the Salt Lake temple. There were so many guests to re-connect with and we spent the night talking and dancing. The Mechlings, Calls, Burbidges, Shaws, Guillots, Hickenloopers, Bulkleys, and others were some of the guests we spent the evening talking to.

No comments: