Monday, July 23, 2012

Memorable Monday
Reading Time

Challenge: What do you love to read?

I struggled with reading as a child and didn't really enjoy reading much in school.  I don't remember many books that I enjoyed reading as a kid, but I do remember going to various libraries and checking out books.  I remember going to 3 different libraries - the library in West Jordan that my mom volunteered at, the library in Sandy, and my favorite library that was on the way to Grandma and Grandpa Shaw's house.  After I graduated from college, I started to read some of my mom's LDS fiction books.  They are easy reads and I enjoyed reading those romantic novels.  The books became too predictable and decided that I wanted to try to read more challenging material.  I started to read John Grishman books and I discovered that I liked adventure/suspense books as well as romance novels.  I joined a book club about 8 years ago and I've read a variety of genre.  I decided that I like fantasy books and historical novels too.  I really enjoy reading now and wish that I had more time to read a book or two.  

Favorite Books in my Youth
"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever"
"Sweet Valley High" series
"Choose Your Own Adventure" series

Favorite Book Club Selections
-"Peter and the Starcatcher" Series
-"Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie"
-"The Host"
-"Eragon" series
-"The Hunger Game" series
-"Picture of Hollis Woods"
-"The Goose Girl"

Favorite Books not discussed in Bookclub
-"Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites"
-"Book of Mormon"
-"Prelude to Glory" series
-"Work and the Glory" series

Favorite Book I read to my kids
-"Are You My Mother?"
-"Green Eggs and Ham"
-"Llama, Llama, Red Pajama"
-"Go, Dog, Go"
-"No More Water in the Tub"
- Junie B. Jones Series

No comments: