Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013


We started off this Easter celebration with a trip to the temple to view the Easter Pageant.  Josh had a few friends join him - Tiffany, Rachel, Sadie and David.  Before the Pageant, the girls and I walked around and ran into Devon.  He was an angel that performed in the Pageant.  I was able to see him in the beginning.  It was great to go as a family and see the Pageant.

The Easter Bunny found our house and made the kids hunt for their baskets.  Emily found her plus a few more.  The older kids like to sleep in, so Emily hunted for the their baskets too. She left them in their hiding spot, but gave the kids great clues.   She sure does love Easter!!!
Emmy and her Easter basket
I love Easter morning!!! I love getting the kids all dressed up in new outfits and taking pictures of them.  I love the lessons centered around Christ's resurrection.  I love the message of hope that centers on this special day.   I'm grateful for the knowledge of the Atonement and the Resurrection. I know that my Savior loves me and he made it possible for me to return to live with Heavenly Father.  This day has special meaning and it gets overlooked by the worldly traditions.  I love those traditions, but it's important to remember the true meaning of Easter 
Kids in Easter outfits 2013
Family Easter Pics 2013
Danni had a long-time friend, Megan Smith, visit during the Easter Holiday.  I had to get a picture of her and Danni and Jocelyn.  They sure do look cute!!
Megan, Danni, Jocelyn
Monday night, we headed off to our traditional Pace family Easter Egg Hunt.  The older kids hid the Easter Eggs and the younger kids went to go find them.  The younger kids had a blast looking for the eggs and some of them were well hidden.  Grandma bough a pinata for the kids too!  The older kids would move the pinata up and down and the kids tried to hide it.  I'm not sure that the younger kids appreciated that much, but the older kids LOVED it.  It was a great family activity!!!
Easter tradition at the park with the Paces

We had so many activities during the Easter weekend, that we were unable to squeeze time for dyeing eggs.  We found some time during the week after for the activity.  We used Kool-Aid instead of the dye found in the Easter aisle of the store.  The colors were bold and colorful - I'm using Kool-Aid every time.  Angela and Emily had a great time dyeing the eggs, even after Easter.
Dyeing Easter Eggs

No comments: