Monday, January 13, 2014

Memorable Monday
Making Temple Covenants

Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society general presidency said "As we renew and honor our covenants, our burdens can be lightened, and we can continually become purified and strengthened so that at the end of our lives we will be counted worthy to receive exaltation and eternal life". I met Sis. Reeves in our ward Relief Society and will remember her emphasis on keeping temple covenants.

Ashley went to the temple on Saturday to receive her endowments.  It was a neat experience to watch her light up at the temple.  She went with her mom often to the temple grounds, so she was ready to make the next step and enter the House of the Lord.  It was a special experience to attend her endowment session and feel her love for her family and her Savior.  

I remember going through the temple for the first time and feeling anxious.  I didn't know what to expect.  I tried to remember everything, but it was too much to remember the first time.  I remember feeling loved by my parents, Jim, and others attending the session.  It's great to go back often and reflect on the covenants that I made.  



No comments: