Saturday, April 9, 2016

Mesa Street Pianos

Mesa hosted an event call "Play Me, I'm Yours".  There were 24 playable and artistically enhanced pianos were at the MAC for a brief time.  I think there was a concert in which all 24 pianos were played as part of the celebrations of a major milestone: 10 years at their beautiful location in Downtown Mesa.   Later, the pianos were scattered all over Mesa.  I found all but one piano.  The piano located near the Mesa Convention Center was removed due to vandalism.    As I looked for each of the pianos. I learned more about Mesa.  Mesa is a truly unique city and I'm so glad that I explored it as I looked for these pianos.  Each piano was donated and decorated by different people and organizations that reside in Mesa.  There were a lot of people that worked to put on this event.  I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it.  I loved finding each of these pianos. 

Piano #1
Morris Plaza
Piano #2
Robson and Main
Piano #3
i.d.e.a. Museum
Piano #4
AZ Natural History Museum
"Writers Piano"
Piano #5
MacDonald and Main
Mesa High designed and painted this piano
Piano #6
Main Street East of MacDonald
Piano #7
Main Street, West of Center
"Bird" Piano
Piano #8
Center and Main
Piano #9
Mesa Arts Center

Piano #10
Mesa Contemporary Arts Gallery
Piano #11
Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum
Piano #12
Mesa Urban Garden
Piano #13
Benedictine University
Piano#14
Mesa Drive and Main
Piano #15
Mesa Convention Center
This was the piano I didn't get to see
It was taken away due to vandalism
Piano #16
Mesa Public Library
Piano #17
Sloan Park
Piano #18
Hohokam Park
Piano #19
EVIT
Piano #20
Mesa Community College

Piano #21
Red Mountain Multigenerational Center
It rained the night before, so they bagged it
Piano #22
Eastmark
Piano #23
Mesa Gateway Airport
Piano #24
Rogue Piano
This piano moved locations
We found it on the first day

No comments: