Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kids Voting in 2008

This election year has been such a great learning experience for my children. They have participated in school by voting in the primary and general election. They chose their favorite candidate and stood by them. I heard conversions in the car about the candidate that they chose. My kids watched the results with us and were really trying to understand the electoral vote. I'm not sure they understand the concept yet. Their favorite candidate in the primary and general election didn't win, but they learned that elections don't always go the way we want. It was a great learning experience that they could never learn in books. I'm so glad to see the youth excited about the election process. I remember when I was in Jr. High and we had the opportunity to cast our vote. It was so exciting to see how the results would go. I imagine my kids are feeling the same way and that will help them become voters in just a few years. For our nightly prayers, my daughter prayed that will accept our new president. WOW! I remembered that I need to pray and accept the things I cannot change.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Pray for acceptance of things I can't change - that's quoteworthy! I guess that will be my slogan for the next 4 years.