Monday, June 28, 2010

Memorable Monday
Giving Blood

On Saturday, I donated blood during our Stake Blood Drive. I remembered the staff telling me to take it easy after I give blood, but how can a mom of 4 do that. I took it easy for a couple of hours and then went to a party with the Pyles. I ended up spending 4 hours in the pool and found myself getting weak afterwards. I always do more than I should after giving blood. Saturdays are busy days and are not good days for me to give blood.

I remember the first time that I donated blood shortly after 9/11. I made some plans afterwards to go to a scrapbook convention. I felt great after giving blood and made sure that I had plenty of fluids before I left with my friends. I had a great time at the convention for the first hour and then it hit me. I started to feel very weak and needed to sit down for awhile. I told myself that I would take it easy again after I donated blood again. I forget everytime that I should take it easy for the day.

No comments: