Monday, October 24, 2011

Memorable Monday
Homecoming

Homecoming 2011 started off with an assembly and a bon fire during the week.  Since Josh is in the band, he performed at both events.  Friday's homecoming events started with a parade.  Angela, Emily and I went to watch Josh march in the homecoming parade around the neighborhood.  Later that evening, I went to the homecoming football game and loved watching the royalty presented.  My friend's son was nominated Homecoming King which mad it super cool to watch.  Saturday night was the Homecoming Dance and some band kids were able to attend after their competition that day.
Waiting for the parade to start

Josh marching in the parade
Josh getting ready for the
homecoming football game.
Theme - Oh, the Place You'll Go
I remember some of the activities for homecoming when I was in high school.  Each class would decorate the sidewalks, with the seniors getting the main sidewalk to the school.  There was an assembly, night rally, and an homecoming election prior to Friday's activities.  On Friday, there would be a parade around the football field before the big game.  And it ended with the Homecoming Dance.  My senior year, I was nominated for Homecoming Queen.  I was super glad that I didn't win because I didn't have a date to the dance.

Burning the J was done during the Night Rally

Decorating the sidewalks
Homecoming Royalty - My friend Evelyn was 2nd Attendant



No comments: