Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Evening of Excellence

Our ward had their Evening in Excellence this evening.  The theme for the evening was "'Just when the caterpillar thought the world would end, she became a butterfly!' Always remember who you are and who our Heavenly Father would have you BECOME!" Each girl was asked to talk about "Becoming who the Lord want me to Become". 

Danni worked on a scrapbook with Brittany and wrote this for her presentation: "For my project, I did a scrapbook of me and my cousin, Brittany.  The scrapbook is full of me of me and Brittany.  Me and Brittany put it all together ourselves, and we're not done yet.  I want this to become something I do for the rest of my life, just keep adding to this book, adding to our memories.  While I was working on this book, I came to realize the influence I have on people.  I realized the Lord wants me to be a good example. Some qualities that come to mind are:
Faithful
Humble
Peacemaker
Kind
Forgiving
Thankful
Charity
Virtuous
Holy
Some of the scriptures that stuck out to me are:
*Peacemaker - Matthew 5: 9  'Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God' - Peace Prevails
*Holy - Thessalonians 2:12 'That ye would walk worthy of God who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.'
I know that the Lord want me to become a worthy young woman who will share my light with others."

Angela did a project on planning menus  and planning service to cook the meals for her family and talked about becoming who the Lord wants her to become through service. 

It was a beautiful evening with Costa Vida style food, and a wonderful talk by Sis. McConkie.  The Young Women Leaders sang a beautiful song about butterflies.  I'm glad that I was able to hear such inspirational mes

No comments: