Monday, January 28, 2013

Memorable MondayMoving

In the summer of 1987, my dad informed our family that we would be moving to Arizona.  I was really sad to hear that.   I didn't want to move to Arizona, and started looking into ways that I could stay, but later realized that I did need to move with my family.   I was registered to attend the University of Utah and was so excited to go, but I realized that wasn't going to happen.  My parents kept me really busy during the months when my sibling were at school and I was not.  I helped around the house and prepared to put it on the market.  My dad went to Phoenix a lot before the move and I would drive him to and from the airport.   It was really hard to pack up our house and leave Utah.  I really didn't want to leave everything that was familiar to me.  We moved in November to Mesa.  I remember when we arrived in Phoenix and thinking we were almost to our new home.  Little did I realize that Phoenix was a huge city and it took us another hour to find our new home.  Our neighbors, the Jones family, came to say hello to us when we arrived.  It was really hard getting adjusted to our new home.  I had to drive my siblings to their new schools and then help my mom unpack.  I really wanted to go to school, and my dad looked into it and helped me start MCC in the spring.  

This move was one of the hardest things that I've had to do.  Over they years, I realized that this move was one of the best things that I did.  I learned that I needed to rely on my family and my Heavenly Father.  I had to learn to rely on myself and discover who I really was and not what my friends wanted me to be.  I'm so glad that my parents mad this move and I know that it was much harder on them than myself.  

No comments: