Friday, June 7, 2013

Girl's Camp 2013

The theme for camp this year is
"I'm a Mormon. I Know it! I Live it!  I Love it!"
The back of our camp T-shirts.
 Someone colored the back of theirs and it looked AMAZING!!!!
Sis. Ann Dibb said in October 2012 General Conference:  "I am inspired by the examples being set by the righteous members of the Church, including the noble youth. You courageously look to the Savior. You are faithful, obedient, and pure. The blessings you receive because of your goodness affect not only your lives but also my life and the lives of countless others in profound but often unknown ways.

A few years ago, I was in line to make a purchase at my local grocery store. Ahead of me stood a young woman, about 15 years old. She appeared confident and happy. I noticed her T-shirt and couldn’t resist talking to her. I began, “You’re from out of state, aren’t you?”

She was surprised by my question and replied, “Yes, I am. I’m from Colorado. How did you know?”

I explained, “Because of your T-shirt.” I made my accurate supposition after reading the words on her shirt, “I’m a Mormon. Are you?”

I continued, “I must tell you that I’m impressed by your confidence to stand out and wear such a bold declaration. I see a difference in you, and I wish every young woman and every member of the Church could have your same conviction and confidence.” Our purchases completed, we said good-bye and parted.

Yet for days and weeks after this random everyday moment, I found myself seriously reflecting upon this encounter. I wondered how this young girl from Colorado came to possess such confidence in her identity as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I couldn’t help but wonder what meaningful phrase I would figuratively choose to have printed on my T-shirt reflecting my belief and testimony. In my mind, I considered many possible sayings. Eventually, I came upon an ideal statement I would proudly wear: “I’m a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it."

Me and my girls at camp!!!
Wednesday's theme  - "I'm a Mormon.  I Know it! - The scripture is found in  Moroni 10:4-5  "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

Thursday's theme - I'm a Mormon.  I Live it! - The scripture is found  in D&C 20:77  "O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of my Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments, which he has given them; that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen"

Friday's theme - I'm a Mormon.  I Love it! - This scripture was found in Alma 26:16 "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea we will praise our God forever.  Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel"

Saturday theme - No Man is an Island - The scripture was found in John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you....love one another"
DJ's Ranch - Our new girl's camp home
I Will
I made my choice 
You mark this day
The day I pledge
to take His name

I will be strong
I will be brave
Standing for him 
As I take my place

I have felt the spirit burn truth in my heat,
It's in my heart
I will stand
 I will not fall
In a world's that weak 
I will be strong

I will be true
I will chose His way
Yeah, I know what's right 
And I will not change
In a world where so many will not
 I will

I may be one 
But one becomes two 
When you stand with me
And I stand with you
As we unite
Our cause is great 
We're not just the candle 
We are the flame

I will take the light He gives me
And I'll hold it up high 
I'll hold it up high
I will stand
I will not fall in a world that's weak 
I will be strong

I'll be true
I will chose his way
Yeah, I know what's right
And I will not change
In a world where so many will not
 I will

I will stand 
I will not fall in a world that's weak 
I will be strong
I'll be true
 I will chose his way
Yeah I know what's right
And I will not change
In a world where so many will not
 I will
 I will
The girls had a blast at camp!!!  Danni was a fourth year and they stayed in camp this year, just started a day earlier than the rest of the girls.  Angela is a second year camper and I'm her tent mom with some great girls, some of which I had last year.   The girls had some free time where they could try different activities, such as shooting, archery, headband making, volleyball, and some other great activities.  Angela tried everything and really had a good time with her camp friends.  I love going to camp with my girls and cherish the time I have with them.
Danni and friends
Angela and friends
Angela at camp
4th year canoeing
Lip Syncs

No comments: