Monday, September 23, 2013

Memorable Monday
Baking

Danni is selling bread to help pay for her trip to the Holiday Bowl. I'm making the bread and she is selling it.  This is the picture that we are using on Facebook to increase sales.

I remember one day when Gary Meyer was over at our house.  I recently learned how to make bread and thought that we could easily make pies.  I remember making the dough and kneading it just like you do with bread dough.  We added the filing and cooked the pie.  Finally, tt was time to cut and eat the pie.  To our surprise the pie crust was really hard.  Too hard to enjoy the pie.  We didn't know what we did wrong.  We found out that pie crust is delicate and to keep it crumbly, you just roll the dough and place it in the pie tin.  When you knead the pie crust dough, it becomes hard instead of crumbly.  I will never forget that experience and the simple lesson I learned that day.

No comments: