Sunday, June 29, 2014

Josh's talk

For Sacrament Meeting, Josh and Colby talked about their experiences at camp,  Colby talked about Camp Geronimo and Josh talked about Stake Encampment.  It was great to hear Josh talk about his experiences and how his experiences can relate to real life.  I enjoy hearing Josh's talks.
"Good morning brothers and sisters. Yesterday, me and some of the young men got back from a 5 day camping trip called encampment. It was a lot of fun, but there were also many spiritual experiences. In it, we were separated into different tribes. The theme for the encampment was “We are as The Armies of Helaman”. The main 2 focuses of the camp were our parents influence was in our lives, and not going it alone.  Our parents are our first teachers in life. Because they followed their mothers’ teachings and knew for themselves of the truth of what they were taught, they were capable of so much.
The next thing I learned was to rely on others. At the camp, we had several battles with other tribes. In one battle, I saw some of the enemy ganging up on someone on my team. Then I thought, isn’t our life like this? Doesn’t everyone struggle? When I saw my teammate struggling, my first reaction was “I need to help him!!” we should be this way with everyone around us. We all have challenges and, at times, we need help! So we should extend our help towards someone we see struggling.  There are many ways we can help, whether its missionary work, giving advice, or just being a good friend.  Everyone at some time needs our help, and it is our responsibility as brothers and sisters to help them. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." 

No comments: