Monday, August 25, 2014

Memorable Monday
Josh' Birth

Josh was my first baby and I didn't have have a clue about what to expect.  The doctor gave us clear instruction to follow, so I thought I knew but I really didn't.  He is the story of his birth.

I remember starting labor around 4:00 pm while working on the computer.  I started feeling some tightening in my stomach, so I call Jim to ask if he could come home instead of working some extra hours.  He came home super excited because he knew that we were going to have our baby soon.  The doctor told us that we should call him when the contractions were 5 minutes apart.  Soon the contraction were getting closer together and closer together.  They would be 3 -7 minutes apart.  We wanted to wait until they all 5 minutes apart.   I took baths and showers to help with the pain, until finally I told Jim that I wanted to go to the hospital.  When we arrived at the hospital, Jim pulled right up to the front door and wanted for someone to pick me up in a wheelchair - just like the movies.  I just got out of the car and went in to register.  After registration, the nurses came to check on me and realized that I was dilated to a 10.  All of the sudden, the nurses were running around getting me ready to have my baby.  Unfortunately, I was too late for an epidural.  Two hours of pushing, I delivered my first born son.  
Joshua Alan Pace
August 24, 1996
3:36 am
8 lbs. 1 oz.
20 1/2 in.

No comments: