Sunday, August 23, 2015

Welcome Back Ashley

Ashley came home from her mission and we met up with her at the airport.  Lisa invited us to join them, and we were excited to be there.   Lisa and her family were anxious the whole time we were with them and I don't blame them.  I would be anxious too.   My cousin, David, joined in on the the wait and I think that helped with Lisa's nerves. My friend Chryrisse was going down to Arizona that day and saw Ashley in SLC on her way home.  When we finally saw Ashley, the Clawson family cried and ran to hug her.  Joey talked non-stop about what he did while she was gone.  It was great to have her home.  She went to the temple with her mom as a missionary before reporting and getting released.  Later that evening, the Clawsons held an open house where her grandparents come to see her.  

Welcome Party
Clawson Family
Our Family and Ashley
Ashley and her welcome home sign
Ashley and her missionary plaque
Ashley with my parents

Ashley gave a great homecoming talk and it was neat to hear her missionary experiences.  Cortney and Danni sang a beautiful musical number too.  It was a wonderful day and there are a lot of people there to support Ashley, some of which she met on her mission.  It was a surprise to her that they should up to support her.

Mom with Chyrisse, Debbie, Lisa, and I
Chryisse and I
Cort and Danni

No comments: