Monday, June 27, 2016

AZ Magic and Music
Pandora's Box

Danni participated in AZ Magic and Music again this year as a buddy.  It's so great to see her volunteer her time to help those with disabilities perform on stage.  They learn lines, songs, and dances.

Danni had a boy this year that would sometimes be sad.  Danni mentioned that on the day of the performance, he was in a sad mood until he saw his dad.  He wanted to be happy for his dad, so he perked up and got ready for the performance.  Parents who come to see performances can have a huge impact on their children. I wish that I could have gone this year, but I had surgery just days before and didn't feel ready to drive.

I love this program where kids can work together and learn from each other.  I know that Danni has learned so much from the kids she worked with and vice versa.  Kids with special needs are not very different from other kids.  They just to be heard and loved.  


No comments: