Tuesday, June 14, 2016

MOHS surgery

I had MOHS surgery to remove 2 cancer sores from my face.  In late November, I found a sore by the left ear.  It was black and really ugly.  I went to the dermatologist and had a biopsy done.  The sore looked better but cancer was found there and on my nose.  It was the lowest form of skin cancer which doesn't spread, but still needs to be removed.  The surgery went well and I got all of the cancer on the first go around with the nose.  The site around the ear took one more layer until it was gone.  After that surgery, I headed off home to wait until my apt with the plastic surgeon which was  later that day. The plastic surgeon took his time to make sure there would be minimal scarring.  The nose was a little tricky for him.  The plastic surgeon seemed happy with his work, so we'll see what the end result will be.  I hope to feel better soon.
Picture of me before surgery

No comments: