Friday, April 21, 2017

Joseph and Ashley Sessions

Joseph Sessions asked Ashley to marry him and it's been so fun to watch the two of them prepare for the wedding and reception.  They did so much of the planning and decorating themselves, so it totally shows off their personality.  

Showers- Ashley had a very nice reception at her friends house.  She received some very nice gifts and spent the afternoon with some great friends and family members.  Her future in-laws couldn't make it to the shower, so they had a little party for Ashley starting at the nail salon and ending at the Sessions home for dinner.  It was a lot of fun and Danni was able to come with me for both occasions.

Her dessert table


Ashley with her sister and mom
Danni with Ashley and friends getting nails done.


Ring Ceremony - Ashley and Joseph had a ring ceremony the night before the wedding.  Pres. Millett was asked to give a few remarks and talked a lot about what it takes to keep communication open in a marriage.  I learned a lot that night by listening to his remarks.  We had a yummy Mexican dinner that night complete with cinnamon rolls.  Josh skipped his band class for the ceremony and I'm so glad that he did.  It wouldn't have been complete without him.

Cort and Alsex

The Boys
Emmy and Kenzie


Danni and Angela

Girls Decorating with Rose Petals

Amore

Ashley and Joseph

Lisa and I
Wedding Day - Ashley and Joseph were married around 11:00 on a Friday.  We let the girls skip school that day so we could devote the whole day to the wedding.  We drove as a family to the temple, and then the kids went to Fiiz during the ceremony.  It was a hot day and waiting outside was really not much of an option.  The wedding ceremony was beautiful and I was reminded of the covenants that I made when I married Jim.  After the wedding, we had the usual pictures plus some really fun ones.  My sisters and I had to much fun stealing bridesmaid bouquets and taking own pics.

My family
Jim and I



Congrats Ashley and Joseph
I love my sisters and parents 

Pics at the temple

Ashley and my girls
Wedding Reception - Ashley and Joseph had western reception in an open barn.  It was really unique and it turned out really well.  It was great to see how many people came to support Ashley and Joseph.  They had a lot of Boise missionaries that came to support them and I know that it meant a lot to them.   Ashley and Joseph both wore boots at the reception - both country at heart.

Reception Pics

A Country Wedding

No comments: