Thursday, November 2, 2017

Seminary BBQ

The seminary had the BBQ today and this is Angela's last one.  I have loved serving at the seminary BBQs, and organizing the desserts.  It has become one of my specialties.   The seminary kids sign up for desserts and boy do they deliver.  There are many moms who make delicious desserts and many who make an extra trip to seminary just to deliver the deserts.  I'm impressed every year.  There are so many volunteers in the community that make this BBQ possible.  Some arrive when the kids come to school and probably don't get done cleaning up until school is over.  There are a lot of people to feed from Mesa High.  There is always a good turnout from members and non-members.  It's a great missionary tool for the seminary program.

I love waiting to spot Angela in the crowd and I make sure she gets special treatment.  I make sure she gets in front of the line and sees the people she knows that are serving.  It's one of the perks of volunteering.  This is her last seminary BBQ, but I hope she remembers the good times that she had in seminary.

No comments: