Friday, May 4, 2018

Teacher Strike

The teachers in AZ went on strike.  It was frustrating, but we tried to fun things everyday to have fun.

Day 1- Josh has been spending a lot of time at ASU, so we grabbed him during some free time and went to lunch and then toured the Gilbert Temple grounds.  It was great to get away for awhile.


Day 2- We went to ASU to see Josh's project.  It was really nice for the girls to support their brother. On the way home, we stopped for Subway for dinner.  Emily was our navigator.  She got us to Subway, but there was no where to park, so we went to another location.  It was quite an adventure. 

Day 3 - Angela had a choir rehearsal.  Her choir teachers found some locations so that the students could practice for the upcoming choir concert. It was fun for Angela to see her friends again.  We also went to get some drinks at Fiiz.  It was great to go get some drinks and unwind.


Day 4 - We had lunch at Panda Express and walked around the temple grounds.  The weather was so nice and since the grounds are closing, I thought this was the perfect time to walk around them one last time with my girls.  I'm hoping for one more visit, but realistically, that might not happen.


Day 5 - We went to Riperain Preserve with the Clawsons.  We saw a lot of wildlife on our nature hike.  Our favorite was the young ducks sitting close to their mom.  We spotted lots of bunnies and of course turtles and ducks.  Another fun part at the end of the trail was looking for rocks.  Joey found a rock that was placed by someone and then the girls each found one.  The kids were getting out and tired and these rocks appeared just when they needed the energy to go on.
Day 6 - Jim had planned this day to add new suspensions on the truck.  So, in order to keep the car home in cause we needed it, we planned activities at home.  But first, we had to go to Sodalicious.  Afterwards, we made cookies from cookie dough made by the YW.  The rest of the day, we just played on the computer, phones. ...  I think my girls really liked the time to just hang at home.

 
The girls started by to school on May 4 - So in honor of Star Wars:  May the Fourth by with my kids as the start school again after the strike.  Silly, I know.  But, I just had to.

May the Fourth be with my girls

I was really unhappy about the strike and wanted to have my voice heard, but kept feeling that I shouldn't express it on social media.   I found this perfect quote that I tried to follow, especially my viewpoints on the strike. I felt that my opinion is that - my opinion.  I didn't want to offend anyone, so I chose to keep my opinion to myself.  I did share my opinions with my family and my extended family however.  My family knows how I feel and that's good enough for me.  




No comments: