Thursday, July 5, 2018

4th of July Trip
Birthday Trip

We headed up to Show Low for the 4th of July.  I panned a little hike for the family.  I called it a stroll because that's what it looked like on a ma.  It was much more than a stroll, but not really a hike.  I t was a beautiful hike but we made it short.  It was fun hike and I enjoyed my kids teasing me about my stroll.  

Stroll Pics
Chairs around Show Low

The next day, we went to the parade.  In Show Low, the people had put their chairs on the ground to reserve their spot, but living in Mesa I've learned that we don't leave chairs unattended if we want to keep them.  We found good enough seats to seats to watch the parade.  The parade was cool at time, but other times we just waited for participants to come.  After an hour, we went to have my birthday for breakfast.  The restaurants was at the end of the parade route, so we could see some of the parade entries we missed.  I noticed that the parade ended just  as we finished our breakfast. After the parade was over, we met up with Loren and Brittney at Fool's Hollow.  We had a lot of fun playing in and around the lake.  We rented a canoe and a kayak.  Angela wanted a turn to have the kayak by herself.  She did well on the kayak and I'm so proud of her.  Show Low didn't have fireworks because of the fire restrictions, so we just watched a Marvel movie at Danni's house.  We headed home the next day after we played a round of UNO and jumped in the rain.

Fourth of July shirts
Brigham and Danni

Parade Pics
Birthday Breakfast
Pic wit Britt, Junior, and Baby Jay
Playing in the water
Spending time with family is what the 4th is about
UNO and rain - what a way to end this trip

No comments: