Monday, September 3, 2018

Memorable Monday
My Birth and Name

I was born on July 4th, 1969 at 4:41 pm  to Raymond Lawrence Wall and Arlene Burbidge.  I weighed 6 lbs. and 14 oz. and 20 inches. long. I was born in the Cottonwood Hospital  in Murray, UT. .  My mom was in labor for quiet a while.  I never paid attention when she  told me how long.  My dad waited  in the foyer. I am their oldest child.  

I was the first granddaughter born on both sides.  My mom couldn't get a hold of her friends and family to tell her the good news because of holiday  My Grandma Shaw w was so excited to about my birth.  She tired to call her friends too, because they were all out of town due to the holiday  I didn't always like having my birthday on Independence Day, but I do now

My full name is Tamra Lee Wall.  I was named after Debbie Reynolds's character Tammy in "Tammy and the Bachelor".   I have yet to see the movie.  My nickname is Tami.  When I was younger, I spelled in Tammy like the character.  During the summer between middle school and high school, I changed the spelling to Tami.  I wrote my name all summer long to get the name just right.  I spelled my name Tammy until I entered high school.  Then I changed it to Tami.  I practiced all summer so I could spell it right.  Since it was a nickname, I could spell it anyway I want to.  Most people spell Tamra - Tamera or Tamara.  I had a hard time with that.  Everyone spelled it wrong.

I was also named after my Grandpa Lee Burbidge.  My middle name bears his name.  He was killed in a jeep accident when my mom was only 4 years old.  I feel very honored to bear his name.  I want to live my life in a way that would make him proud.  

In high school, there was a girl named Tammy Watts  Our names were very similar.  One day in school, I was called to see the registrar.  They were concerned that I hadn't passed some key test to graduate.  I knew that I passed those tests.  I looked up my name on a chart and the told the registrar that I pass the test.  Apparently they had me mixed up with Tammy Watts.  Another teacher mixed us up too.  She wrote in my yearbook "Watt a girl.  She thought I was Tammy Watts.  One day I joined a  musical group.  It was an orchestra with many different schools.  There was a girl there that played the violin.  Her name was Tammy Wall too.  That is so weird.  I married Jim and took his last name.  I love that man.


No comments: