Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019

Halloween started off with the ward trunk or treat. We got all dressed up in our costumes and participated.  Jim made a chili and Angela made some boo bread (aka banana bread).  They both worked hard on cooking the food and it tasted really good.
Angela's Banana Bread
My kids at the Trunk or Treat
Danni and Jocelyn with Manny
Jim - Judge
Angela - Tinkerbell
Tami & Em - M&Ms
Josh - Science Ninja
Danni & Manny - Gwen and Spiderman

On Halloween morning, we walked along Main Street and went trick or treating to the shops on the route.  Manny was happy in his stroller with a sucker in his mouth for most of the trip.  Afterwards, he needed to run free, I don't blame him.  It was fun to walk around and see the costumes in the light.  There were some original ones.  It was great to see what shops are available on Main Street.  I think that is the main reason to host this event.  Getting new people to see what stores are available and increase sales.  When we came home,  Manny took a nap in his Halloween jammies that he got for his birthday and Angela made dinner - a jack-o-lantern pot pie.

Happy Manny
Mesa has cool murals
Halloween Jammies

Brigham was able to join us on Halloween night.  The Gaytans make the cutest Superman family.    My kids are not the huge fans of trick or treating, and would rather stay home.  But, if Manny is going trick or treating, they are all going.  They love to hang with Manny.  They were not out for long, because the Gaytans had another family gathering.  I was just happy to get a picture.
Gaytans
The family
Halloween is such a fun time to dress up and practice make-up.  Danni helped plan our Halloween outfits and I really appreciate it.  She totally designed and helped Angela with her costume.  She looked great and I heard lots of compliments about it.  Danni is very creative and I love that she is willing to help me.  Here is a picture of her playing around with makeup at home.  I'm lucky that she is willing to help me with Halloween.
Danni

No comments: