Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sisters UT Trip

My sisters and I flew to Salt Lake City to spend time with my dad.  We did sit together on the plane, I wish that we did.  I had two empty seats by me.  When Lauren picked us up from the airport, I was given my firs opportunity to talk to my dad via ham radio.  I was so nervous and didn't know how to work it.  He didn't answer the first times, which was probably good so that I could get figure it out a bit more.  I finally got a hold of him and we were able to dad just before we arrive at Creekside.  

At the Airport

Dad let me borrow his radio while we were in UT

The first day we were there, we went to visit mom's grave-site .  Her headstone was placed and it was so great to see it.  It was an emotional time for us, but so glad that we were there to support each other.  We went to Temple Square with dad.  We went to the family history center and learned more about dad's ancestors and then we walked to the South Tower Visitor Center.  They are planning on tearing that done when the temple closes after Christmas.  Dad really likes the replica of the Salt Lake Temple cut in half to view the temple.  We had lunch at the Beehive House and it was worth the walk to get there.  On our way home, it snowed a little bit.  The AZ girls were a little too excited.  We dropped dad off at Creekside and went back to Jeff's place.  Later that night we went to Best Buy with 3 of the cutest kids I know.  
Temple Square
Playing at Best Buy

The next day, We took my dad to the temple.  It was such a sweet experience to go to the Bountiful Temple with my dad.  He loves the temple and goes there 2 times a month.  Afterwards, we had lunch at Creekside and Steve came to visit after lunch.  We were going to have a BBQ, but it was so cold.  Steve, Debbie, and Lisa went to figure out food while I stayed with dad to do some retirement business. We had the best dinner - Panda Express in the fancy dining room at Creekside.  Jeff's family and Steve's family joined us.  We went outside to hang out and fish.  Jeff and Jacob caught a fish and released it.  I got some pics afterwards with Dad.

The next morning we took the girls to school and waited until they went into their kindergarten class.  We helped around the house with Lauren and Jacob and then picked the girls up from school.  We took Jacob with us and walked home, it was tough walk up those hills. We picked up Dad and he stayed with us for a bit.  Drew and Audrey came over and they hung out with the kids.  They ended up staying the night.  It was a good low key kind of day.  We were able to spend time talking to dad.at Jeff's.  Lisa left to go home a day early to fly to Texas.

Add caption
Walking home with Jacob

The next day, Debbie and I went to have breakfast with Jeff and Dad.  Jeff usually brings one of his kids with him, but since Drew, stayed the night, we was the lucky one.  After lunch we returned our rental car, so since it was Saturday and we could use Jeff's car.  They have a  cul-de-sac almost to themselves to ride their bikes on even terrain.  Jacob is quite the daredevil.  Afterwards we went bowling with Grandpa.  We had a total blast, especially watching the twins bowl.  We got some drinks from Swig and Pappa Murphy's pizza and headed home for  dinner.  Dad had  some of Lisa's stuffed peppers that she made the day before. 



The next day, we had church with Dad.  We stayed with him for Sacrament Meeting, but left during RS and did a puzzle.  We met with Jeff's family for dinner with dad.   We stayed a tad longer in dad's room. He bought me a ham radio - digital one that I need to figure out how to use. I borrowed mom's ham radio while I was there. Then Debbie and I were on our way home. We had a great trip and really enjoyed spending so much time with dad.  He looked great and it looked like he had a lot of fun.  .  


No comments: