Saturday, November 7, 2020

Tucson Trip

We went to Tucson to scout out some places for Josh to live.  We found a hotel just north of the airport since Josh will be working near there to get an idea about where to find an apartment for Josh.  Jim and Josh came down earlier and scouted a few places, but I to look at them myself.  I wanted to see how the area is and what is available.

While we were there, I wanted to see some cool sites.  We stopped by and checked out the San Xavier del Bac Mission.  It was a really cool building and a lot smaller than I thought.  There was a monk there greeting us at the entrance.  I think it was the first time that I've seen a monk in real life.  The structure was amazing and it's hard to believe that it was made so many years ago.  
We found a really nice apartment complex just 20 minutes south of Tucson name Sahuarita.  I really like the area.  We scouted a couple of apartments in Tucson but they didn't look as nice as the one in Sahuarita did.  No matter where he works, there will be at least a 20-minute commute.

We had a great lunch and ended our trip to Tucson at the Tucson Temple.  It was a beautiful windy day which is perfect for walking the grounds of this beautiful temple.

No comments: