Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

The Paces had an amazing Spring Break. We went out of town to Scottsdale. Who knew we could have so much fun in our own back yard. We stayed a few nights in a resort. The kids totally loved it. This is the third time we have rented a resort in the valley for our vacation. We spent some time in the pool. On Tuesday, we went to CrackerJax to play. They had bumper boats, Go-Karts, and Miniature Golf. The kids and their parents had a total blast. The next day, we went to McCormick Stillman Park. We rode the carousel, train ride, and toured the train that President Roosevelt travel in . We ate out, watched a movie, and had a great time hanging out with each other. We came home Wednesday night and went to the Easter Pageant. We sat in the very back We enjoyed the performance and felt the spirit. On Friday, the kids and I went hiking at Usery Pass. It was a great hike with beautiful wild flowers. I misplaced my camera so I don't have those pics. I hope I can find it to show the beautiful scenery and my kids of course!
The kids and I went on the bumper boats. I rode with Emily first and then again with Angela. Josh and Dani went on the boat together the first time, and thn Josh went alone the second time. Josh loved to find me on the lake and bump the boat I was in. One time, I was near the waterfall and Josh bumped the boat in the waterfall. I was trying to protect the engine and keep intout of the water I ended up getting my back and legs completing soaked by the waterfall.
I loved watching Angela and Emily play golf. Angela kept hitting the ball while still in motion, sometimes dragging the club while hitting the ball. Emily was just learning to hold the golf club. When we first started playing, I was totally helping and showing them how the game was played. Half way through the game, I realized that the girls wanted to golf their own way. It was so much fun to watch. Josh drove a go-kart at CrackerJax. Jim and Dani drove a two passenger go-kart. Dani was too short to drive her own go-kart. I didn't get a real good pic of Jim and Dani because Jim drove too fast. Dani and her dad played some tennis while at the resort. Dani is so willing to try new things.




The kids had a great time swimming with their dad. I love to watch Jim play with the kids. He gets down at their level and just plays. The kids love to swim and play with their dad. The water was warm, but it was still a little chilly outside. Emily looks so cute snuggled in her towel. She loves to swim, but refuses to get in the hot tub. What a funny and cute girl!

This is the train that Pres. Roosevelt used. We were able to take a tour inside.

WHAT A GREAT SPRING BREAK!

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

That sounds like so much fun! What great memories to have with the kids...