Wednesday, October 15, 2008

School Happenings

Report Cards


My kids had Parent-Teacher conferences and received their report cards yesterday . It's so fun to hear how your kids are doing in school. I didn't meet with Angela's teacher because we will have a big meeting in a couple of weeks to discuss her re-evaluation which qualifies her to attend her special needs class as well set some new goals for the year. I probably should have met with her because I don't understand her report card at all. Hers is very specific on her individual goals and only a special ed teacher and therapist can read it. It doesn't really help out the parents, but that's the way it is. The kids are all doing great and I'm proud of them. I can't believe that the first quarter is over. I wish I could slow down the clock and keep them young forever.



School Pictures.

Josh - 6th grade



Dani - 5th grade




Angela - 3rd grade


Indian Dwellings

Dani had to make an Indian dwelling for 5th grade. It was a fun project and reminded me of a similar structure I made in elementary school using sugar cubes. It amazing how many memories are triggered when your kids do activities. Dani was very creative and did most of the project herself. Josh made one last year when he was in 5th grade. Dani has the same 5th grade teacher as Josh did. I joked with her and said that by the time Emily is in 5th grade, she is going to do a paper tepee.



Here is Dani's Indian dwelling



Here is Josh's Indian dwelling from last year.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

Great pictures! Love the indian dwellings.