Monday, January 4, 2010

Memorable Monday
Birthday Calendars

Last year, I made a birthday calendar for my mom for Christmas. I included pictures of the family from the past few years. The calendar also had a individual pictures of family members on their birthday square, so you could visibly see whose birthday it was. I included the birthdays of my grandparents, my parents and their siblings, and my siblings and their families. The calendar turned out great and my mom totally loved it. She thought that my brothers would each like a copy, since they live out of state. So, I mailed a copy of the calendar to my brothers in Utah. Then, I realized that my sisters and I wanted one too, but I ordered 3 more calendars for us. I think I started a tradition because I making a birthday calendar for 2010. I wanted different pictures than last year, so I started to look back at pictures of my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and found some great pictures and information. I learned that this is my small attempt to learn about my family history and share that with my family. It's been a great experience for me as I create this birthday calendar for 2010.
Here is the back of the calendar - It's shows all the months

Here is the month of August - I think there are more August birthdays

Here is the 2010 calendar - I learned more about the software and included more photos.


Back of 2010 calendar

No comments: