Monday, January 18, 2010

Memorable Monday
Snow Day

Josh had another snow campout this year. The rest of the youth in our ward joined them for some sledding on Saturday morning. Josh really enjoyed the sledding and had a great time. It reminded me of the first time we took our kids to play in the snow - Josh was 5 ,Dani was 4, and Angela was 2.


In 2001, we went up to Utah to attend the sealing of a friend of mine. My brother lives in Salt Lake City and we spent some time with him while we were there. We planned a trip up Little Cottonwood Canyon to play in the snow. When we read Alta ski resort, we parked and found a great hill right next to our car to play on. It took me 30 minutes to get my kids dressed and ready to play in the snow. We spent about 15 minutes playing in the snow before my kids were cold and decided that they were done. It took me another 15 minutes to take off the snow clothes and dress them back into their warm clothes. Jeff was shocked that it took so long to get ready just to play for just 15 minutes in the snow. What can I say? My kids love the snow, just small doses of it. We had a great time and I'm so glad that Jeff came with us.
Josh in the snow

Dani in the snow
Jeff and Josh sledding down the hill to the parking lot.
I'm holding Angela in the parking lot. I love the beautiful landscape behind me.

2 comments:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

How sweet! Look how little they are! Good times! Good times! :)

HooHoo said...

Thank you for your kind words about Ione. You really have creative talent in expressing yourself and putting it together. I love your Pres. Monson quote and your fun "Memorable Monday" posts. Since I rarely take time to look at blogs this was such a fun treat for me. I love your blog.