Friday, April 2, 2010

Trip through AZ

Our family took a road trip this weekend through AZ. I wanted to see some of the snow that has fallen this winter. The last good snow storm was several weeks ago, but I heard that there was still plenty of snow to play in, so we headed up north to found some. We had a great time playing in the snow and the kids found some ice to play with. Josh and Dani loved playing with the ice that formed around the melted snow. It was great to see snow up in the mountains. On our drive home from visiting the snow, we took a detour to get a glimpse of the some of the lakes in AZ. It was so great to see the lakes full of water since I still remember the drought years before. There is a scenic road that connects these three lakes and we had a great time exploring this part of AZ. The road was a little scary at times, especially when the road was narrow and there was a cliff on my side of the vehicle. Jim and the kids teased me when I freaked out at times, but after a while the road didn't seem as scary and I was able to enjoy the ride.
The scenery was beautiful and it was great to see the desert in full bloom.

No comments: