Monday, May 24, 2010

Memorial Monday
Dedication of Temples

After attending the Gila Valley Temple, I reflected on some of the other temple dedications that I have attended. I still have the temple recommends for these dedications and I was lucky to be worthy to attend these dedications. It's hard to put into words the feelings that I've felt as I watched these dedications, but I felt the spirit very strong at each dedication.
  1. Jordan River Utah Temple - I was able to attend the temple dedication inside the Jordan River Temple. I was assigned to attend the 9:00 session on November 17, 1981. I was 12 years old at the time of the dedication and still remember bits and pieces of that dedication.

  2. Palmyra New York Temple - The Church broadcast this temple dedication over stake center throughout North America, so we were able to watch it from our own stake center on 4/6/00. This temple is located near different historic church site, including Hill Cumorah where Joseph's saw the First Vision.
  3. Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple - This temple dedication was also broadcast over North America on 4/22/01. This temple sits near church historical sites as well. Winter Quarters was a place where the pioneers stopped and rested before heading out west.
  4. Nauvoo Illinois Temple - This was a special dedication since the temple is a reproduction of the original Nauvoo Temple, where the saints took our the endowments before heading west. There is rich Church History surrounding this temple and it's awesome to see it restored to it's original glory. This temple was broadcast over the world for 3 days in June of 2002.

No comments: