Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorable Monday
High School Graduation

After watching Cortney graduate, I reflected on my own graduation ceremony. My ceremony was held indoors in the gymnasium and we could only invite 5 guests. 2 guests could sit on the ground level and the other 3 could sit in the upper level. There were only 272 graduates, so it was possible to hold the ceremony in the gym. Our orchestra played "Nepenthe" during our graduation service and that meant a lot to me. After we received our diploma, we left the gymnasium, handed in our gowns (they were borrowed), and then greeted our parents outside. Graduation from high school was such a great accomplishment and it was a great night. Graduation night is a night that I will not forget and I'm sure Cortney will never forget it either.

My Graduation - June 11, 1987

No comments: