Monday, July 12, 2010

Memorable Monday
My Friend Tracie

Tracie was my best friend from high school. Our senior year we were inseparable. There are so many memories that I have of the two of us.
  1. I remember taking early morning seminary with her our senior year. She would pick me up and we would go to school together. We did this so we could have a free hour to ourselves during 7th hour. We often found ourselves in a small room attached to the band room to practice our instruments. She would play the cello and I would either play the violin or viola. She encouraged me to compete in a solo for our major competition. I practiced a lot on my solo piece. We also competed in duets and quartets also and used that hour to pracice those pieces also. It was amazing to spend that extra hour just practing. We talked a lot too. After 7th hours, we would occasionally stay for Dixieland practice, where I played the bass and Tracie played the piano. Tracie helped me so much ourt senior year and I improved a lot

  2. We often hung out at her house and we watched a lot of great movies. Tracie has a great sense of humor so it was fun watching movies with her. One year, I was invited to go to Canyonlands with Tracie and her family. Her dad took us four-wheeling all over the park and there were times I was a little anxious. Her mom loved introducing me to new foods. They always had something new for me to try. Tracie had a hot tub that we would sit in occasionally.

  3. Tracie would pile some of her friends into her car and we would go "Jump the Tracks". That was a scary thing to do and we did it often. I usually sat in the front row which was the scariest places to sit. There were a lot of crazy things we did and our friend Wesley was always the one to suggest them. We toilet papered our orchestra teacher's house. We visited Wesley's grandma in the snowy cemetery at night. There was a lot of explaining to do when the police arrived. Tracie and I had a lot of fun and made a lot of good memories.

  4. We performed 4 musicals together and had a blast during the preparation for these musicals and also performing them. We performed the King & I, Damn Yankees, Oklahoma, and Brigadoon. Brigadoon was a musical put on by her stake. Tracie asked if I wanted to play in the musical with her. The performance was held in Salt Lake City. One day, Tracie locked her car with the car running just before a rehersal. We left the car running to go to practice while Tracie's mom looked in the car.

  5. Tracie introduced me to Manneheim Steamroller and I even went to a concert with her and her mom. Tracie composed a couple of songs for our orchestra - Stille Nacht and Nepenthe. She is so amazing talented and it was so awesome to hang out with her.

I really enjoyed Tracie's friendship and after high school, things changed as they always do. I spend the summer and the next fall getting ready to move to AZ with my family. I missed Traice a lot after we moved and kept in contact for a few years. It was so awesome to find her on Facebook and re-connect with her.

No comments: