Monday, July 12, 2010

St. George Trip

My family and I went on a trip to St. George. I have a couple of friends that live in the area, one of which I haven't seen for 20 years. We found each other through Facebook and I wanted to see her and reconnect. We started off the trip with some truck problems on the the way to Flagstaff. Our truck was struggling with the transmission, so we dropped it off at AAMCO to get it fixed and picked up a small rental car. Flagstaff didn't have a 6 passenger vehicle and I needed to be in St. George that night, so we squashed into the small car and left. We spent a total of 5 hours in Flag, and were anxious to be off.
We passed through Zions on our way to St. George and the scenery was breath-taking. Our family couldn't get enough of the beauty as we drove by. There was a super long tunnel that we drove through we would quickly catch a glimpse of the canyon through cracks in the tunnel. The road through Zion's was winding and long, but it was worth the drive even though we were running late to a show in St. George

We arrived in St. George just in time to see "Tarzan" at the Tuachan. It was an amazing performance with Tarzan, Jane, and apes flying around and over the audience. They stage was outside and I love that they were able to control the water to make a small lake in the beginning and waterfalls throughout. The performance was amazing and I was able to talk to Tracie afterwards. She played the keyboard during the performance.

I had a chance to visit with my friends and enjoy their company. It was so fun to see Tracie and visit with her. We were best friends in high school and had seen each other for almost 20 years. We were inseparable in high school and spent more time in the band room. We took AP Chemistry our senior year too. I really enjoyed catching up with Tracie and reminiscing about our years in high school. When I moved to AZ, it was hard to keep in contact with my high school friends, even though we tried. I had a chance to visit with Chyrisse and her family. Chyrisse is one of my dearest friends and I love her to pieces. She was there for me during my young adult years. She was always there for me when I needed to talk and needed support. She has become a friend to our family and we are so lucky to know her. She was married in St. George and now lives just outside the city. It was great to see her again.
We took in a lot of LDS church sites. St. George is full of church history and we took in a lot of tours while we were there.
On our way home, we stopped by the Grand Canyon. I have wanted to see the Grand Canyon for years, especially since I've never seen it yet. Josh and Dani have studied the Grand Canyon while they were in 6th grade and I wanted to take them to see it. The views were amazing and I could have stayed there forever. We had lunch with a great view of the canyon. The kids had a great time, especially when the squirrels came close by for a snack.
We had an amazing trip and it was so fun to spend time as a family. Here are some snapshots of our weekend away from home.

No comments: