Monday, August 2, 2010

Memorable Monday
Pool Fun

The pools just closed for the summer and I thought that this might be a good time to look back on the past couple of months and the time we spent at the pool.
  • We often went swimming with our Pace cousins at Kino Pool. Grandma Pace would gather her pool toys and we would spent a couple of hours at the pool. I would often find myself in the middle of a splash war and lose. I was the one that started most of the splash wars with my niece and nephew. It was fun to spend some time and get to know them better. Grandma was always well prepared with a snack for us too during safety break. Thanks Grandma!
  • We went swimming with the Clawsons and the Barneys too! After watching the Barneys jump off the diving board, Angela insisted that she jump too. I was hesitant at first, but finally agreed later on. I watched her jump nervously but soon realized that she can indeed jump off the diving board. WOW! Emily finally tried the froggy slide and learned that she loved it. I don't know if my girls would have tried this activities if we didn't go with their cousins.
  • The Pyles invited us for a BBQ and to go swimming in their new pool. They have a big pool with a waterfall under the diving board. There was a cave under the waterfall where we often found Emily. There was a canoe out and the kids each took turns riding it around the pool. It was a great day and it was fun to spend the day with the Pyles.
  • Our orthodontist has an annual swim party for all of his clients. It's always a great party with a great turnout. My younger two love to play with the floaties that the ortho provides, especially if they match. Dani brought along Britt and those two were inseparable. This year, there was a fire dancer and he put on a good show.

No comments: