Monday, May 9, 2011

Memorable Monday
Disneyland Trips


Josh went to Disneyland with the Taylor Band this past weekend. He spent three days traveling and hanging out in California. Here is a brief itinerary of their plans.
Day one - Travel to California
Day two - Hang out in Disneyland and participate in the recording clinic at Disney
Day three - Perform at Hollywood Backlot Stage at California Adventure and hang out at park until evening and travel home
I went twice to Disneyland with the Jordan High band.
My Freshman year, I went in late May and early June for a 8 day trip to California. Everyone had to march with the band, and since I played a string instrument I helped hold the Jordan High banner
Day 1- Travel to St. George and have a BBQ dinner at Boots Johnson Ranch
Day 2- Travel to California stopping at Circus Circus and Barstow
Day 3- We had an all day clinci at Chaffey College in Alta Loma
Day 4- Performed and played at Knott's Berry Farm
Day 5- Marched in the Disneyland parade and spend the day there
Day 6- Spend the day at Laguna Beach
Day 7 - Spend the day at a high school - perform and exchange ideas
Day 8- Travel home
My senior year, we went in June after school was already out and I had already graduated from Jordan High. It was a 7 day trip an Lisa and my mom came with me.
Day 1- Traveled to Vegas and stayed at Circus Circus
Day 2- Travel to California and visited Downtown Hollywood
Day 3- Knott's Berry Farm
Day 4- Disneyland
Day 5- Travel to San Diego and visit Old Town, Sea Port Village, and the Beaches
Day 6- Sea World
Day 7 - Hang out and Travel Home.
I needed to participate in the marching band, so since I played the bass my senior year, I played the bass guitar in the parade. Someone pushed the amp while I marched with the guitar. We had a great time in Disneyland with our friends. We lost our mom after the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and I stayed with her after that and skipped the rides. While we were in Disneyland, our friend Anita Payne passed away. Jane and Judy were whisked away and we didn't see them until after the trip. We were told in the late afternoon while we were in Disneyland. It put a damper on the rest of the trip and our thoughts were on Jane and Judy.
I went twice with the Jordan High Band to Disneyland. I really had a great time each time I went.

No comments: