Monday, May 16, 2011

Memorable Monday
Donny and Marie

Today, I went to Wal-Mart and saw Donny and Marie. They were in the valley to promote their new CD. I didn't even know that they were in the valley until my sister called. During Jim's lunch break, we drove over to see them. We were to late to get a CD signed, but I didn't care. I was able to see Donny and Marie.
I grew up in Utah where the Osmond's lived and toured their home and studio in Provo. Lisa and I loved to watch Donny and Marie as kids and still love to watch them today. We love to watch their variety shows in the '70's, their Christmas Specials, and their talk show in the '90's. We watched Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat with Donny more times than we can remember. We loved listening to Donny sing from the Mulan soundtrack and Solider of Live. We loved watching them Dance with Dancing with the Stars. We love almost everything that Donny and Marie has been involved with. It was so fun to see our childhood icons and share them with our kids.

No comments: