Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorable Monday
Volunteering

For the past year, I volunteered at Taylor serving on the FIAT (Family Involvement Action Team). I represented the FIAT in the safety committee and attended those meetings and represented the parents. Danni witnessed an incident that needed to be reported to the principal.  I wished that she could have reported anonymously, but there was no way to do that.  I approached the administrators, FIAT, and the Safety Committee Mtg.  Now there is an anonymously tip line.  It was great to see an idea that I had put into place. It was great to see how I can make a difference in the community.  
I remember when I was heading up a big volunteer project when I was in college. I was attending ASU and still participating at Lambda Delt at MCC. I was the interchapter officer and was representing our Alpha Kappa Chapter and the Insititute mtgs. I was asked to attend an MCC mtg and represent the instititute in a community project. When I went to the meeting at MCC and hear that the institite was their biggest club, I felt that the institute needed to become involved in this community project. I found myself in charge of one the main events. I was an ASU student representing MCC at a homeless shelter for the "Into the Streets' community event.  We cleaned motel rooms and made the motel look acceptable for people to live there until they could provide a home for themselves.

No comments: