Friday, June 3, 2011

Girl's Camp

Danni headed up to Camp LaMia for Girl's Camp this week. I was asked to join the kitchen staff this year, so I also went to camp this year. Danni took my camera and took lots of great pictures of her and her friends. Her cabin was just outside the kitchen window and I kept an eye out for her quite a bit. The theme of camp is Becoming One and I watched the girls become one right before my eyes. It was an amazing experience to be apart of.Danni and her cabin put on a great skit to "Mr. Sandman". It was so fun to watch her dance with her cabin mates. She has a big personality and it shows when she is on stage. She dyed her hair green and orange for the occasion. These are some of my memories with the kitchen staff. It was so great to work with the kitchen staff and I learned a great deal from them. They were very patient in teaching me about the kitchen and allowing me to experience some things about camp. There were many times when I should have been working, and they told me to enjoy the experience at camp. I'm so grateful for that opportunity.

No comments: