Monday, August 8, 2011

Memorable Monday
Phones

Josh and Danni each got a new cell phone just before school started.  They shared cell phone plans for awhile and now that they are going to separate schools, we felt that it was time for them each to have their own.  

I remember when I  needed to use the phone, there were only two options - a land line phone and a phone booth.  There are a couple movies based on phone booths that I watched in my youth  - "Superman" and "The Phone Call".  I went on a hunt and found a phone booth at the local Circle K and wondered how often it gets used.  It was such a lifesaver for my generation and now its just a conversion piece if it ever gets used.  I remember when we used the family phone, we had to hurry so others could use it.  Using the phone was a privilege in my day not a right.  Technology has changed the way we use the phone and I wanted my kids to know about land lines and phone booths.  I'm love having a cell phone and keeping in contact with my kids and I grateful for the changes. 

No comments: