Monday, August 1, 2011

Memorable Monday
Snow College

I remember a time when our stake went to a Youth Conference at Snow College down in Ephraim, UT.  We stayed in the dorms, attended workshops, went swimming, attended dances, and just had fun. 
I looked back in my journal and recorded the event.  Here is an excerpt from my journal. "Youth Conference was really fun.  There were the snow follies where we played games.  (I think Snow Follies were games).  Most of them were with water. After that we had a water fight. Then we went to dinner.  After dinner we went to the dating game.  The comments from the audience were funner than what the person response was.  After that we went to a dance.  Afterwards we went swimming.  The next day we attended workshops.  One lady who taught on one of the workshops lost her baby girl.  It was pretty sad.   We skipped an activity to go to the library.  We tried tennis, badminton, and went swimming.  We went rollerskating for an hour and a half. and had a blast.  We saw a really dumb movie (Dr. Strangelove) afterwards."

I remember bits and pieces of these Youth Conference.  I remembered that I had a blast during the conference.  I learned later on that some members of our stake acted inappropriately and we were asked not to return again.  It's sad to hear that the actions of some people affected the overall experience.

No comments: