Monday, November 21, 2011

Memorable Monday
The Bass

                  
Josh went on a field trip to the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) where the students saw a variety of instruments.   Josh loved the museum and would love to go back again some time.    When looking through the photos that the students took, I saw a picture of Josh with an upright bass - a BIG bass.  I remember my senior year in high school when I played the upright bass for Dixieland Band, which was held after school.  It was a great experience for me to learn to play the bass.  I used one at school and took one home to practice - which I can honestly say that I didn't do that much.  I wasn't quite as tall as Josh so it was funny to see me play such a big instrument.  I'm sad to say that I don't have any pictures to prove that I played the bass, but I did find a certificate when I played the bass in a community musical called "Brigadoon".  It doesn't actually say that I played the bass, but you'll just have to trust me.  Because the bass was such a big instrument, I had to sit alone during the performances, hence the "Most Isolated Player" award.
                                        

No comments: