Monday, January 9, 2012

Memorable Monday
Music Lessons

This week the girls head back to piano lessons.  I wish that I had the opportunity to take piano lessons when I was younger.   Piano lessons were not an option when I was younger.  I would encourage my girls to continue taking piano lessons as long as they can and PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!!

I was reminded of a time that I had violin lessons my senior year.  My teacher was Nola Watson who was a really good family friend as well as one of my YW leaders.  I didn't like going to violin lessons because she challenged me.  I would have to practice really hard for my lessons.  I remember one day in orchestra, someone mentioned how much I had improved recently.  The private lessons were paying off and helping me become a better player outside of lesson time.  I'm so glad the my parents arranged for me to have violin lessons that year.


No comments: