Monday, February 27, 2012

Memorable Monday
Becoming a Volunteer

Taylor was having an information night and I was asked to comment on how to help parents get involved in Taylor.  I mentioned that when my son first came to Taylor, I didn't volunteer much.  I came to the family events and once in awhile helped with the band.  When my daughter started coming to Taylor, I became involved in FIAT because I was invited by a friend to come.  An incident happened that year and I helped out by joining the Safety Committee.  The third year, I really became involved and joined the SIAC committee and by accident because the Choir Booster President.  I've volunteered many hours at Taylor and I know that my kids benefit the most from my time here.  I didn't really enjoying speaking to that big crowd, but it came me a chance to reflect on the volunteer time at Taylor.

No comments: