Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jump Start

Angela just completed 2 weeks of a program called "Jump Start" designed to help make the transition from elementary school to junior high school easier.  They practice changing classes, review school rules, and have mini classes.  Her school teachers and I decided that it would be best for Angela to attend this program.  I was a little nervous for her to attend, but agreed that it would be the best thing for her.  

Angela didn't get her schedule with everyone else because there was a mix-up.  I wanted to stay and make sure that she would be OK, but no one else had their mom hanging around, so I decided to leave and hoped that Angela would be OK.  Well, the poor girl got lost and an aide helped her through her classes.  I was nervous and thought about working out her schedule to match one of her friends, but decided that Angela needs to figure out how to get around Taylor on her own. For the next two weeks, her friends helped Angela  while she was at Jump Start and ate lunch with her afterwards.  She has friends that she made at Porter, friends that she made at Girl's Camp, and friends that she made at Jump Start.  She never sat at a table all alone for lunch.  I'm so glad that Angela participated in the program and I feel a little better about sending Angela off to Taylor in the fall.

No comments: