Monday, June 18, 2012

Memorable Monday
Teaching RS

I taught Relief Society yesterday about "An Enthusiastic Desire to Share the Gospel".  I was really nervous and read the manual several times.  Istill never really felt prepared to teach the lesson, but the time came and I gave the lesson.  It was a powerful lesson and I really enjoyed studying what George Albert Smith taught.  In the lesson, he talked about how the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will be the only thing to bring peace to those living on the earth.   He said "Our brothers and sisters through out the world need the message of the restored gospel and it is our privilege to show it with them".  This was a powerful lesson on why we should do missionary work.

I remember when I was a YA in my home ward and I was called to be a Relief Society teacher.  I had to teach month after month to sisters who were older than I was.  I was nervous every time I had to give the lesson.  Once lesson was on the temple and I hadn't been through yet. Every sister that I taught in that room had been through the temple several times and I had to teach them the importance of attending the temple.  I didn't think that I was the best teacher for that lesson.  I was told several times that I was doing a great job, but it was an intimating calling.  That was one of the hardest callings that I ever had.

No comments: