Monday, March 21, 2011

Memorable Monday
Childhood Friends


I wanted to share a little bit about some of my childhood friends.

1. Stephanie Bacher - I met Stephanie in elementary school in 3rd of 4th grade at Sunrise Elementary.  I was a shy girl and Stephanie was always there for me when I needed someone to play with.  I could always ask her to play with me and she would.  I remember when we were in Beehives, I was asked to serve with her in the Beehive presidency and really enjoyed hanging out with her.  She is my longest and dearest friend.  We would hang out occasionally after school and we would participated in the same musicals together.  She was onstage and I was in the pit.  She visited me when I moved to AZ and came down to my wedding.  I've lost contact with her over the years, but I will treasure her friendship forever.  She was an amazing friend who accepted me for who I was.

2. Rachelle Anderson - I remember Rachelle when I was in YW.  We were really tight friends when I was a Beehive and we lived in the same ward.  I would often play at her house and we would talk about music and boys.  We lost contact when our wards were divided and when we didn't attend the same high school.  She did send me a wedding gift in the mail, and I remembered all the good times we had.

3. Lisa Bailey - Lisa was a good friend to me when I was younger.  She was 3 years younger than me and lived across the street.  We played a lot during the summer months at each other's houses.  Her family moved away and we didn't keep in touch.  I did have an opportunity to see her and her family when they came to AZ to pick up her sister, Amy, who lived with us for a couple of months. 

4. Mi Soo Kim - I met Mi Soo when her family moved from Korea.  A school teacher asked if I could be her friend and she lived close by.  I would often play at her house and help her with school projects.  I loved going to her house and taking off my shoes at the door.  That was a Korean custom and it fascinated me.  In high school, Mi Soo Kim became friends with the popular crowd and we didn't hang out anymore.

These are just 4 of my childhood friends that I met before I went to high school.   I really enjoyed spending time with them and their friendship.  It's great to look back and remember all the good friends that I've had in my lifetime.

No comments: