Monday, September 17, 2012

Memorable Monday
My First Job

Challenge - What was your first job?


My first job was working at Bonanza.  I started working there when I started MCC and continued until I graduated from ASU.  They helped me pay for my schooling and I will be truly grateful.  I started off working the salad bar and keeping it stocked during the evening rush.  I was able to move to line, where I was able to take orders, and run the register.   During the evening rush, I would run the register and take care of customers.  I loved working there and towards the end, I was able to open and close the restaurant.   I did every job that was possible there - prep work, washing dishes, busing tables, and even cooking the steaks.  For a  few days, I was the only employee there and had to do everything.

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and was able to spend some time with them before and after I worked.  I would help sample Costco foods with the managers, that was one of my favorite parts.  Cal started another restaurant in Chandler and I helped train the employees and worked on the day they opened.  The store was great, but I enjoyed the people at the original one.  The store in Chandler didn't last long.  Bonanza had to change the name to Pardners to avoid paying a franchise fee, which didn't help business.  A year later, the store closed suddenly and I wasn't able to say goodbye.  My sister worked that night and grabbed me some souvenirs.  I learned a lot during my times there working at Bonanza.  I will always remember the good times and the people I worked with.

Some Bonanza employees at Lisa's Wedding

No comments: