Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

I was in charge of the Christmas Eve party on the Pace side of the family.  I wanted to have a Mexican style dinner, so I cooked Costa Vida style pork, rice, and pico de gallo.  I made the pico de gallo super hot and only one person could eat it.  I learned a great lesson about the hottest of peppers and decided next time, I'll just buy it from Costa Vida.  The pork and rice was a big hit and we had a GREAT dinner.
After dinner, we made paper photo ornaments and played some Christmas games - charades and guessing names of songs based on the lyrics.  The kids were super good at charades and did well with the lyrics.  We had a super great time.

As a tradition, Grandpa gives each grandchild a stuffed animal   Since Great Grandma Pace passed away, Grandma  Pace sat with Grandpa for the picture session.  The kids love to receive their teddy bears.  Kaylynn was sick and Bree and Danni missed her.
We came home and opened a few presents (pj's and books from mom).  The older two kids helped the younger two get the house ready for our special visitor that should appear sometime tonight.

No comments: