Monday, December 17, 2012

Memorable Monday
College Math

Lately I've been tutoring math for some neighboring kids in college.  I've realized these past few weeks that I need to keep up my math skills and tutoring helps me do that.  

I remember when I was at ASU and taking some seriously tough math classes.  These classes were really hard and there was no one who could help, except my professors.  They seemed to intimidating to ask, so I didn't.   I studied really hard with my classmates, but we were all in the same boat - this math was way over our heads.  In college, to pass a class you need at least a C.   There was one particular class that I was struggling in.  I studied super hard for the final and prayed just as hard.  I remember sitting in the final and having an AH-HAH moment in the middle of the test.  I finally understood an important concept taught in the class.  I was able to get a C and pass that class.  It's a moment that I will never forget.  As I tutor math, I'll remember that I struggled in math too.  Math can be a tough subject if it is not understood, but an important subject.  There is math everywhere!!!

No comments: